Have you visited your dentist lately? Make your New Year’s resolution a commitment to your teeth by scheduling regular checkups with your faithful dentist in Staten Island. Dental cleanings are important for maintaining a healthy mouth and beautiful smile, but you also need to do your job in between visits to help prevent tooth decay.
With this in mind, the dentists at Oakwood Dental, with local offices in Tottenville and Oakwood in Staten Island, are sharing the following tips from the American Dental Association:
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner.
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
- Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about the use of dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (where decay often starts) to protect them from decay.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examinations.
Stick to these simple guidelines and count on a fabulous and healthy smile in 2014!